Transport packaging design-adding a protective umbrella for cross-border commodi
Transport packaging design-adding a protective umbrella for cross-border commodities
Cross-border commodities need to go through complicated logistics and transportation environments such as ocean freight, air freight, express delivery, etc., before they can be delivered to customers. In the process of logistics transportation, packaging protection is the key; to a large extent, the protection of goods, the level of logistics costs, and the level of logistics operation efficiency are all determined by the design of the transport packaging.
1. What is the meaning of transport packaging
Transport packaging, also known as outer packaging, refers to outer packaging for protecting commodities and facilitating transportation and storage.
Second, what is the use of transport packaging design
1. Protect goods
Commodities will inevitably fall, collide, vibrate, etc. during logistics and transportation. Transport packaging can effectively protect the goods from damage, deformation, and failure.
2. Convenient for transportation and storage
In the process of storage and transportation, goods need to go through operations such as loading and unloading, storage, stacking, spot inspection, handover, etc. Transportation packaging (especially palletized packaging) can maximize the convenience of commodity transportation and storage, improve logistics operation efficiency, and save logistics costs .
3. Increase the added value of goods
Transport packaging is the protective umbrella of the commodity. It is complementary to the commodity itself. Good transport packaging can increase the price of the commodity, exceeding the cost of the packaging itself, thereby increasing the added value of the commodity.
4. Promote sales and enhance brand recognition
Consumers first see the outer packaging (transportation packaging) of the product, and then the product itself. Good transportation packaging can fully display the characteristics, style, and artistry of the products, allowing consumers to recognize the products and recognize the brand, thereby promoting product sales and enhancing brand recognition.
Three, several principles of transport packaging design
1. Control the cost of packaging materials
1) When designing transport packaging, give priority to the selection of packaging materials with mature manufacturing technology and affordable prices on the market to minimize the cost of packaging materials. For example, there are two options for cushioning packaging materials: EPS and EPP. If EPS can meet the requirements of use, it should be preferred because of the low price of EPS.
2) After the packaging materials are determined, the buffer packaging structure and outer packaging structure need to be further designed. The design of cushioning packaging structure and outer packaging structure is mainly based on the product structure, size, weight, and characteristics. When designing, first conceive several packaging structures, and then estimate the volume of packaging materials for each structure respectively, and finally select the packaging with the least packaging materials structure.
2. Minimize the cost of logistics and transportation
The cost of commodity logistics transportation is determined by the weight and size of the outer packaging. When designing transportation packaging, it is necessary to understand the weight and size restrictions and charging standards of the transportation tools (such as containers and vehicles) and the external packaging of the logistics platform. The weight and size of the designed outer packaging should be as small as possible and not exceed the limit, and it should be convenient for stacking to minimize the logistics and transportation costs.
3. Improve packaging efficiency and loading and unloading efficiency
The packaging should be simple and easy to operate, and combined with the actual packaging environment (such as manual sealing, machine sealing, automated production lines, etc.), formulate reasonable packaging operating procedures to improve packaging efficiency. The shape of the outer packaging is preferably square or rectangular, which is convenient for stacking, loading and unloading. If possible, the outer packaging should be palletized to improve the efficiency of loading and unloading.
4. The packaging materials are as green as possible and recyclable
1) Packaging materials should be easy to reuse or recycle;
2) Waste packaging materials are easy to degrade and corrode, and do not form long-term garbage;
3) The packaging materials do not contain toxic substances or the content of toxic substances meets relevant standards.
Four, two key points of transportation packaging design
1. The transportation and packaging design should be safe and reliable
1) Cushion packaging design
According to the characteristics of the product (fragility value), weight, size, structure, buffer material characteristics (buffer coefficient), and the maximum drop height that may occur during transportation, according to the brittle value theory, estimate the minimum thickness and area required by the buffer material.
2) Strength design of outer packing box
According to the weight, size, stacking layer (or weight) of the outer packaging, the load-bearing requirements and breaking resistance requirements of the outer packaging box can be estimated, and the material requirements of the packaging box can be further estimated. If the outer packing box is a carton, the corrugated type and paper weight of the cardboard should be estimated.
3) Packaging testing and certification
After the product packaging design is completed, samples need to be prepared according to the designed plan, and then transport packaging tests are performed to verify whether the packaging meets the storage and transportation requirements. If necessary, find a certified third-party testing agency to test the safety of the certified transportation outer packaging. Generally, cross-border commodities are tested for drop, collision, stacking, vibration and other transportation packaging according to ISTA 6A or ISTA 3A standards.
2. The packaging visual effect should be excellent
In addition to being safe and reliable, transportation packaging must have excellent visual effects. The design of visual effects can be considered from the following aspects:
1) Analyze the market and find a good target consumer group
The outer packaging is the outer garment of the product, and the first thing consumers come into contact with when receiving the product is the outer packaging. Therefore, it is necessary to find a good target consumer group for the product, analyze and collect the hobbies and consumption ability of the consumer group, and provide data support for the visual effect design of transportation packaging.
2) Brand positioning
According to the target consumer group, product grade, product price, product image, sales channel and other information, locate the brand level of the product, and lay the style for the visual design of transportation packaging (high-end, mid-range, and resistance).
3) Differentiated design
Consumers expect the products they own to be unique or different from similar products. Therefore, when designing transport packaging, first find the similarities in the outer packaging of similar products, and then design different outer packaging structures, graphics, and texts to create differences. The same packaging visual effect.
4) Style and coordination
With the three elements of brand positioning, target consumer groups, and differentiated design, the visual effect style of transportation packaging has been basically determined, but it should be noted that packaging structure, graphics, and text cannot conflict, and the visual effect of packaging must be natural and harmonious.
Five, shipment packaging control can not be relaxed
1. The packaging operation should design the packaging operation SOP. The SOP lists the material details required for packaging and the packaging operation requirements to guide the packaging operation process.
2. The packaging operation is strictly implemented in accordance with the packaging operation SOP. During the packaging process, the operators conduct self-inspection, and after the packaging is completed, the inspector conducts re-inspection before shipment.
3. If the shipping package does not meet the SOP requirements of the packaging operation, it needs to be repackaged until it meets the SOP requirements.
6. Pay attention to laws and regulations, religious beliefs, customs and habits
Transport packaging should comply with the laws and regulations of the country and region where consumers are located, and respect consumers' religious beliefs and customs. When designing transport packaging design, special attention should be paid to the following points.
1) Environmental protection of packaging materials;
2) The packaging plan of the country and region where the consumer is located;
3) The packaging regulations of the commodity sales platform;
4) Whether consumers are contraindicated with specific graphics, text, and colors;
China loses more than 10 billion yuan a year due to damaged commodity packaging, of which 80% is caused by improper transportation packaging design, and the proportion of cross-border commodity damage caused by improper transportation packaging design is even higher. Well-designed transport packaging can add a set of protective umbrellas for cross-border commodities.